Custom Home Building Tips
After much thought and possibly looking at dozens of homes for sale, you have decided to build your dream home. Custom Home Building can be a daunting task especially when considering a budget.
- The first step is to decide if you want to purchase the land or look for a builder who is starting a project that can still be customized.
- If you decide to purchase land, a consultation with an architect is the next step. The budget you have decided on will assist the architect with the design plans.
- After you have the plans finalized, interviewing builders is the next step. When deciding on a builder, ask for references to contact, have a list of questions ready, and consider the time and experience of that builder. This link is good starting point.
- Financing your new construction with a Construction Loan is another important step. Research and meet with different lenders and choose one that has solid experience wth construction loans.
- Once you have decided on a builder, secured financing, and granted permits, the home building process begins. Be patient and flexible, building a home is not “concrete” but more fluid. Weather conditions, change orders, and inspections can change the timeline of when it will be ready. Communication with your contractor is key.
Mancini Custom Homes has been building homes since 1954 and has the experience to guide you through the process. Call our office to make an appointment with one of our Home Building Experts: 609.492.2256