Renting Your Long Beach Island Home
Whether you’re the owner of a small, tasteful condo or a custom-built oceanfront villa, your home might be an ideal candidate for Mancini Realty’s LBI Home Rental Program. Our rental program can regularly put cash in your pocket and can help to defray some of your ownership costs, which happens to be one of the most common reasons so many people choose Mancini Realty to rent their LBI homes.
Here’s a simple checklist that can help you decide if renting your LBI home might make sense:
- Your summers are spent elsewhere and you want to enjoy the income boost that could come from renting your island home. It can be helpful to rent your LBI home, especially if you have school age kids who are involved in athletics or have summer camp and other activities that keep you away from LBI.
- You’d like the income generated by renting your Long Beach island home to help defray some of your mortgage and property tax payments. If you have to pay them anyway, why not let someone help pay the bill? Mancini Pro Tip: A great way to finance your retirement home on LBI is to buy your home, then use the rental income your property generates to help cover some of the bills until you sell your primary residence and move here year-round.
- The cycle of life changes how you use your LBI home (if you use it at all). Many people retire to Long Beach Island to live year-round. At some point, their home will sit empty due to relocation, death or the probate process. During these periods of transition, many people choose to rent their LBI homes to generate rental income while easing the financial burden on surviving spouses or other family members.
- Did you buy an LBI shore home with the intention of summering here in perpetuity? If you’re at all like many people choosing to rent their shore homes, you have enjoyed many summers on LBI with your kids. But as they’ve gotten older and developed friendships and responsibilities of their own, they’ve stopped visiting as often. If this is the case, why not rent your LBI home? You might as well let it earn its keep!
- You’re interested in investing in LBI rental property or you’re already an active investor with an interest in expanding your portfolio. Mancini Realty understands the challenges involved in finding appropriate LBI properties in which to invest. We’ll guide you through the process of locating properties most likely to generate cash flow and maximize resale value – the most important hurdles you’ll need to cross.
As you can see from this checklist, there are many reasons you might want to think about renting your island home. If you’re considering it, please give us a call at 1-888-MANCINI to learn more about how we can help you to generate rental income from your island home.
The process couldn’t be easier for you. In fact, we’ll help you to:
- Decide whether it makes sense for you to rent your island home, including letting you know of any needed repairs to ready your home for rental (including staging advice)
- Select a rental amount that will fairly compensate you for the time your home is occupied by others while encouraging plenty of interest from prospective renters
- Take photos of your property and post them online
- Find prospective tenants
- Handle all lease signing details for you
- Collect rent payments and forward them to you on a regular schedule
- Collect and hold your security deposits and release them when appropriate
- Manage the check-in and check-out process
The Mancini Difference: Successfully Renting Your LBI Home
The decision to open your home as a Long Beach Island Rental is a big one. It isn’t for everyone.
However, it might just be the right decision for you.
If you’re ready to talk about whether your LBI home is a good candidate for Mancini’s LBI Home Rental Program, give us a call today at 1-888-MANCINI or click the button below.